Tuesday, April 19, 2005

 

I Give Up

I know every parent has these moments, but I GIVE UP! I don't want to be a parent anymore, I don't want to be responsible anymore, I don't want to be accountable. Damn it, I want to be a kid again or something I never was; an young adult with no spouse or child.

I love my family, I love my husband more than any other person on this planet and my love for my children can't even compare to that. BUT... I want a break. I want a child that's not going to throw tantrums at every turn of the head. I want a child that wants to learn and progress and doesn't look me straight in the face and say "I'm stupid and want to stay in first grade." These are battle I can't handle. I don't know how to make my child love to learn, much less like it. I don't know how to inspire the desire to read. Right now, reading is a forced practice completed every night. I don't know what to do.

Okay, that was my outburst. Now, it's back to being a parent and enforcing the ever dreaded bedtime. Thanks for listening.

Comments:
Rest assured, every single parent in this world knows and has probably felt the exact same way at some "desperate" point in their life! For the record, it is NORMAL! Don't beat yourself up over it; never stop asking the questions; solutions will appear when you least expect them. Hang in there. The few, the proud, the PARENTS.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?