Thursday, November 16, 2006
WE DID IT!!!
I am SOOOO proud of my Daisy troop.
This evening, as a team, we made somewhere around 150-200 children's treat bags for a local parish. These bags will be donated to the parish for use in the Thanksgiving Dinner baskets given to those in need. I was shocked, the girls were having fun and didn't once ask to keep the items for themselves. They knew who we were helping (why we were doing it) and when we ran out of bags, they went back through and double stuffed everything. Thanks to all who donated to our service project. The bags included...
Juice boxes
Chips
Cookies
Fruit Snacks
Jello cups, fruit cups, pudding cups
Toys (pencils, stampers, bracelets, cars, sticker books, etc.)
Candy
Crackers
Snack cakes
It was crazy and so much fun. The girls loved doing this in order to help someone else and that was the best part! I hope the recipients of the bags enjoy them.
This evening, as a team, we made somewhere around 150-200 children's treat bags for a local parish. These bags will be donated to the parish for use in the Thanksgiving Dinner baskets given to those in need. I was shocked, the girls were having fun and didn't once ask to keep the items for themselves. They knew who we were helping (why we were doing it) and when we ran out of bags, they went back through and double stuffed everything. Thanks to all who donated to our service project. The bags included...
Juice boxes
Chips
Cookies
Fruit Snacks
Jello cups, fruit cups, pudding cups
Toys (pencils, stampers, bracelets, cars, sticker books, etc.)
Candy
Crackers
Snack cakes
It was crazy and so much fun. The girls loved doing this in order to help someone else and that was the best part! I hope the recipients of the bags enjoy them.
